Explore the Neighborhood
Whether you choose to study and play at home or at school, you will never be more than a few steps from the resources you need. We provide a supportive community where students are set-up for success. Check out some of the area universities and local hot spots below!
Universities and Colleges in Arlington/D.C. Area
- The George Washington University
- Georgetown University
- George Mason University
- Marymount University
- Virginia Tech
- Strayer University
- American University
- The Catholic University of America
- Gallaudet University
- Howard University
- Montgomery College
- National Defense University
- National Intelligence University
- Northern Virginia Community College
- Prince George’s Community College
- Trinity Washington University
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- University of the District of Columbia
- University of Maryland College Park
- Crafthouse | 901 N Glebe Rd #105, Arlington, VA 22203
- Punch Bowl | Social 4238 Wilson Blvd Ste. 1180, Arlington, VA 22203
- Don Titos | 3165 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201
Entertainment, events, shopping, and dining come together in the heart of Arlington at Ballston Quarter. Experience a meal created by a top-rate chef, shop indoors or outdoors, or attend an event in this trendy, new urban destination.
The historic National Mall, the gateway to the nation’s historic events and epic museums, is definitely worth spending some time at — plan an outing soon to this iconic tribute to the dream of America.
For something a little different, put on your art critic persona and visit this tiny, grassy area that showcases a public art piece with large spheres that represent fallen stars.
For decades, the Georgetown Waterfront has provided an excellent view of the Potomac. Opens your eyes to the wonders of life in the Nation's Capital by spending some time here exploring unique shopping experiences and a full slate of the area’s top restaurants. Georgetown is the perfect place for a weekend adventure!
Rock Creek Park
Get back to nature here in the city. Rock Creek, a 1,754-acre city park, provides the opportunity to take in the city's wildlife. Hundreds of years of history are represented via the structures scattered throughout the park. Moderately easy trails provide a pleasant hiking experience.